“Hmm, who am I without the kids around so much? They have grown up so fast and now they seemingly don’t need me anymore and I don’t know my next move in life. I don’t know who I am and what I want to do when I grow up. How can I stay active and engage and not slip into a morass of pain and regrets?”
Launch is a support group for moms who are launching themselves and their college age kids.
- desire to reinvent yourself?
- want to release old roles and habits?
- struggle with role annihilation?
- are working through parenting guilt, losses and celebrations?
- dealing with college financial stress?
- are working with failure to launch your child? launch yourself?
- find new fulfilling roles, careers or hobbies?
Then this group could be right for you.
When menopause and launching of kids happen simultaneously, moms are often left bewildered and dumbfounded.
Moms need a support team of like-minded women who are on the same page, who can offer sage advice and inspiring ways to develop self care in this new era sans kids. With the support of this group, we come into our full empowerment as humans, not just as moms.
Thursdays, 2 - 3:30pm
beginning late January 2018 / Albany office
12 week commitment / Interview required / 5-7members.
Laine Demetria is a somatic psychotherapist whose specialties include trauma resolution and harm reduction. She runs women’s groups, mom’s groups, and works EFT, EMDR, NVC and yoga. Her practice is in Albany and San Francisco.
Laine Demetria, MS, LMFT and MindBodyMend • (415) 705-0776 • Albany and San Francisco • License #31868